The Mission Statement of the Conviction Integrity Unit
Mindful of our ethical duty to seek justice, the Franklin County Prosecutor’s Office is working to ensure that no innocent person is wrongfully convicted of a crime. The Conviction Integrity Unit (CIU) will review and investigate claims of wrongful conviction.
Requirements for consideration by the CIU:
- The conviction must be for a felony offense of violence in the Franklin County Common Pleas Court.
- The Applicant must be a living person.
- Credible and verifiable evidence of actual innocence must exist.
- Sufficient facts must exist that are reviewable by the CIU in support of the claim of actual innocence.
- The claim must not be frivolous.
Individuals wishing to have a conviction reviewed must submit a completed application to:
The Conviction Integrity Unit
Franklin County Prosecutor Office
373 South High Street, 15th Floor
Columbus, Ohio 43215
The application is available at the link below.